Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day One...

Well we made it through day one of our Daniel fast. I must say that I am a little surprised by how I feel physically tonight. I would call myself a pretty healthy eater. But tonight I have a huge headache and a terrible tummy ache from the change in diet. I guess it's the lack of caffiene and the addition of extra fiber to my diet. Breakfast was oatmeal with blueberries and walnuts, a snack of banana with peanut butter, lunch of red beans and rice, snack of fruit soy smoothie and dinner of vegetarian chile. Although it was a tough first day of fasting it was a great day of prayer. The thing that excites me the most is that in the book of Daniel the angel tells Daniel that God heard his prayer the very first day he asked. What a great thing to know that although time may pass before God answers...he heard every thing I prayed today and has already begun to move. Thank you Lord!

I look forward to 20 more days of intimate time with Jesus during this fast.

Some things we are fasting for: True Identity Ministries, Teen Challenge, our families, our son Jase, finances, wisdom, and most of all just more of God in our lives.

See you on day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment