Saturday, August 15, 2009

So as I wake up today I realize that it is my wonderful husband's birthday! Not that I forgot, but it seemed to sneak up on me. Just like our three year anniversary did last month. You should have seen my face when my husband came in that day at 11:00 am and said, "Um Happy Anniversary." We both had forgotten. Oh my...ever since our new baby boy came in June this brain of mine seems to be on nothing else but baby mode! Do you know the feeling?

How in the world could this little bitty person draw in so much of our energy and attention? 24/7 our little man Jase is the focus of our world. At every minute we are making decisions for Jase that will provide for him and be for his good. And we would want it no other way. He is simply precious to us. As I thought about that this morning God gently reminded me that's how he feels about me. I am this little bitty person in God's gigantic universe, yet He is constantly focusing and thinking about me. 24/7 I am in God's thoughts. He at every minute is guiding me through all of the decisions and plans He has for me. What a thought. The God of the universe is completely consumed with loving me. The cool thing about God is He is capable of being overtaken with thoughts of me without forgetting any anniversaries or birthdays (and he has alot of them to remember!) Thank you Lord for loving me so. Help me to love my son and husband just like you love me. Well I guess I better go get some birthday surprises taken care of before my husband gets home from golf and realizes I forgot....again!

No comments:

Post a Comment